Saturday 28 February 2009

On Writing

I figure that Kelly and Kiwii are right about a lot of things. Mostly that I should pursue what interests me most. Kelly said that she always saw me as a journalist. I was pretty well on my way for it, 'till the random literary meltdown a few years ago.

So I decided to list some projects I wanted to finish:

1. Dominus Caedere
2. Metamorphosis (Art project, really)
3. The book about spices (Short stories based on various spices, with an art piece to go with each)
4. Dreams (First project I ever started, traveling through to dream world, accompanied by art)
5. Kitchen Stadium Quartlet (About a race to become a 5-star restaurant split into 4 books)
6. 7 Wanderers (Novel, about 7 damned to wander for all eternity)
7. The Sacrifice (A quartlet about Cain and Abel)
8. Sad when you forget the title to your own story? About a failing journalist who heads into a highly messed up theatre and regains his sense of muse. (Comic)
9. Fine-tune some short stories (Particularly "Foxes"), possibly to send to a magazine

Some of these I can't finish here and now--no art supplies (or artist?), no scanner, or no notes (such as #8, which I created extensive notes for, at home, of course). I really want to scan in some of my Metamorphosis pieces. I'm deathly afraid of inking them. I still like the praying mantis one the best, I think. Of course only Misha knows what I'm talking about! Damn!

No comments: