Saturday 18 August 2007

Malls and Anacondas

I went clothes shopping the other day at the Ann Arundel and Annapolis malls. We saw Stardust in the Ann Arundel mall theatre, Egyptian Muvico. That theatre was very nice and I bought one outfit (a shirt and some pants). It was all rather a waste, haha. The fall season isn't very good. The shops I wanted to go to changed their stock and what I wanted was no longer there. By the time I got to Annapolis, the mall I wanted to go to, I was too tired and not-caring to attempt to really search for clothing. Instead we visited some lizards and snakes at the pet shop. I bought the first volume of Showcase Presents: House of Mystery, which I have been reading constantly. It is good. The stories are a little campy at times, but for the most part, they do their part. They had pretty good writers for the series. And Cain, well... Cain has a very interesting wardrobe. I love his pajamas. Polka-doted, which all I can think of as being green and pink. Respectably spooky colours to not come polka-doted. He rather likes the word groovy, which I find inexorably strange. Along with that, he likes alliteration and cheesy lines like 'I had a bone to pick with him... his wishbone' or something like that. Oh and puns, terrible puns. He's not a very spooky man but more so very strange and almost sad. Every so often he has something bad happen to him (rather than the people in his stories) or he will actually be apart of the story, a bystander or an interference in some cases. I love Gregory (which is the same Gregory in Sandman). There is a promo for House of Secrets and I love how he basically sits there all day staring at the house with binoculars and angrily muttering how much he hates his brother. I wish that they will, at some point, make reprints of House of Secrets.

I also spent the night at Kiwii's house. Which was fun.

...

For those of you who do not know, I have restarted Never Wonder Nights and its brothers. I've been trying to finish this Cain story but I keep getting distracted by the internet. A blog about paleo-future and a photo of a snake dragging a wallaby or kangaroo away (I was never good at which is which).

So I've found some of my scraps of ideas. I'll take a scrap, write something neat down and it'll disappear. I found one I wrote during X-mas Eve dinner about Crowley and him having to show some idiot young demon around the ways of Earth (reluctantly of course). A couple of fortune cookie fortunes I like, my most favourite being: Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become. Things like that.

I really like the Dream fortune. I want to add it, perhaps as the first page, to what I've dubbed Theatre Magic, for lack of a good title. Some of you remember about it. It's about this terribly hectic author who cannot do anything. He's tried to interview a lot of people and end up late to the meeting or never got anywhere after the interview, etc. His very annoyed bitchy friend, who is an actor, gives him a chance to interview her and her players for a new play. They've been asked by a lot of others, but she's being nice for once and giving him a chance. He embarks on a dream through the theatre and ends up in a strange fairy-like world with tales and very tricky people. The first he meets are Tragedy and Comedy, the goddesses of theatre. They're naked, except for their unmoving masks, and neither of them can be trusted because they both tell the truth and lies. At the end his friend wakes him up, wondering why he's so early to the theatre (because he didn't want to be late and therefore slept in his car in the parking lot) and he blows off the interview because he has this brilliant idea. I don't know how long the story is. There's a lot of stories within his dream, which may or may not only be a dream (you can never tell). I don't know how many stories but I do, at least, know the beginning (which has changed since I last started to talk about it) and the ending (which didn't really change). I know it takes form of a comic. Which is sort of hard being that I don't have an inker, colourist or sketcher.

No comments: