Friday 22 August 2008

B-Day and Fremen

So my birthday is on Aug 27th, but because I won't be with my family on that day, my dad and boyfriend went out for dinner on the 21st. It was pretty nice, really. At least until Michael and I got home and had to take some Pepto Bismol. Michael's never had lamb, and he said it wasn't on his top list. I had jambalaya, which wasn't too spicy, actually. We both have Southern tongues and use a lot of hot sauce. It's wasn't too bad (I like calamari, which was in the jambalaya). I was hoping it'd be a little spicier, a sort of birthday challenge of eating something a little hot, but having fun in a strange masochistic way. But it wasn't. Oh well! (There's another place I want to try that has Southern food.) I had my creme brulee also, which is delicious.

My dad's presents won't arrive in time, more than likely, to hand out before I go back to college. However, as soon as Michael got back from his house, he made me open my presents (not that I minded, really, it's just cute). He got me a set of the Dune series (and I don't count the BH-KJA collaborations), which is really nice, Shadow Hearts (the first one this time!) and another word search book (300 puzzles!!). Of course he had the nice presentation of a Borders bag. His mother gave me (wrapped in a LOT of tissue paper) four Izze pomegranate drinks and the Jurassic Park movie set. (She's a bit of an odd woman; like remembering about the Izze drinks... I drank them when I stayed there. I thought she was going to give me chocolates). Apparently we forgot to tell my aunt, but she has something for me too. I figure that Doug, Annie, and mum don't really have much, which is fine. It's sort of gotten so that we don't give each other birthday presents.

...

http://www.vampfangs.com/Dune-Sclera-Lenses-p/dnesclera.htm

Yea, I know the iris seems a little too dark, but I have seen a photo of someone else wearing these contact lenses and the entire lenses is this dark blue, sclera, iris, and pupil. I plan on being a Fremen for Otakon next year and will need to collaborate with Mikhail to actually design what the outfit looks like (as that boy knows a lot more about Dune than I do). I plan on having a working water system and tying my boots in the Fremen fashion. I will need a tailored suit (more than likely WILL have to wear the stillsuit in Fremen style, as authenticity is nice and I am obsessive about that) and a cloak (One of those Arabic styled ones; my dad has one but I don't like the color and it's too long for me, by a few inches or so). I will want to also have a crysknife, although I don't know how I shall obtain one (I've found a supplier of the Dune 2000 and Children of Dune for a crysknife, although I don't know if from them or what). Also I will need miscellaneous Fremen objects, which I will need to question Michael on; which would matter on WHEN I was a Fremen from.

No comments: